- Spherical cap material: iglidur® W300 / R / J / J3/ J4 / EK
- Spherical cap diameter 5, 6, 8, 10 and 12 mm
- Individual pitch dimensions
- Individual alignment of the bearing point
igubal® Variable double spherical plain bearing
igubal® spherical plain bearings
The use of spherical plain bearings is usually associated with high bearing weights, difficult installation and high costs. Maintenance is usually required in the long term, and the bearings are only corrosion-resistant in special designs. Rolling or plain bearings are often overloaded by edge loads and fail prematurely, or bearings have to be laboriously readjusted, reamed or rebuilt to compensate for misalignment. igubal® spherical plain bearings put an end to all these disadvantages and open up completely new possibilities thanks to their design: They are easy to handle, cost-effective, very light and very robust.
The housing is made of igumid G, a particularly impact-resistant, long-fiber-reinforced polymer. Suitable for long-term use at temperatures from -30 °C to +80 °C.
Here, the spherical cap is made of iglidur® J, a material characterized by low moisture absorption, extremely low friction values in dry running and extremely low stick-slip tendency. The latter is particularly important for low loads and very slow movements.
- Maintenance-free dry running
- Mechanical connecting element between two components
- Compensation of misalignments
Typical areas of application
- Food industry
- Rail transportation technology
- Automotive industry
- Plant engineering